-
August 7th, 2003, 01:23 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I've never met Phil, or anyone else at STF, but I've kept up with it purely through the web-site out of interest as a fellow PT film-maker.
I've noticed that Philip always talks about the burdens of film-making when he's director, but also head guy for his production company, and as he mentioned somewhere he's ended up being producer whether he likes it or not, which is not what he wants to do. I personally agree with Phil's decision to stop STF.
Phil, I reckon you can do without the burden of running STF yet still make short films. Now that STF is gone, you can write without organisational pressure, and have time to come up with some really decent stuff. Once you've got something you're really confident about, THEN you could try putting a team together to get a short made that you can then enter into festivals etc. (The step forward you are wanting to make). Meanwhile you can always be sending feature scripts to script readers, production companies etc. Yet still from time to time make a short that you think can do well.
Running a production company like STF makes you feel obliged to keep churning out short after short that you may not be happy with even at script stage, so I think going 'freelance' is better long term.
[All of course only my 2 cents [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] ]
I respect your decision but will miss keeping up with STF over the web-site.
All the best for the future and good luck.
-
August 9th, 2003, 11:42 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Philip Swales, Philip Swales.
What's to be done with Philip Swales.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks